Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iMac 5K
Anyone gaming (COD4) via Mac?

I've invested in an iMac as my PC is in it's final days (dying) and I refuse to invest more in it.

Looking to setup the iMac to continue to play COD4 until the game dies -- only game I've ever played, doubtful I move on to any other.

Thanks
Alright, Alright, Alright....

It'd be a lot cooler if you did!
Affirm??

I am on a Mac. Got an old 2010 model dual core. Runs it just fine. I have spoke to many a player in game running older Macs.??

My wife has an 2016 or 2017 IMac which is quad core. If I wanted to I could also??run the game there too but I am about never home, so??I roll with my laptop.??

I???m sure you have looked at this.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/imac-pro/3.2ghz-1tb#
Select IMac Pro and click configure.??

Uhhh 18 Core?

It???s all about the money.

Woops??missed the part that you bought one already.??

Yeah not sure about transferring PC data to Mac for your old Cod4 profile. May have to start fresh.??But as it pertains to demos and all that I have all the intel you need. Got TS available too for Mac haven???t dabbled in the Discord as of yet.

I got my Cod4 copy off the Apple Store. Came ready to rock for version 1.7.
yep, ive got a 27" iMac that i play on.. when i switched over from a macbook last year, i had to start all over. downloaded the game from the app store both times. hopefully you can find a way around starting over
?? ?? ?? ??=|FF|=Dane84
[Image: R-4962455-1380717027-7033.jpeg.jpg]
I use a macbook pro Smile Only downside is that you can't play on the custom 1.8 patch that pc players can, but it's not a huge deal. Got it for $20 on the App Store but steam has 50% off sales on it often!
Hi! I have got an old 2009 iMac Intel dual core. Game downloaded in AppStore. COD 4 works well.
The only problem is that I can???t find the demos... so I am a bad hackers cleaner! :-)

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk (Tuco the Ugly)
I will post something here soon on finding demo???s and dealing with demo???s on the Mac. Stayed tuned. Will try and??have it on here today.
[Image: B56_B734_F-_B7_A2-48_AF-8_CAD-1117_BD1_D3_D36.jpg]
[Image: b_460x42_C000000-222222-333333-CCCCCC-FFCC00-FFCC00.png]

Anyone try running it through Windows on the iMac?

If so, how do you do it, BootCamp, VirtualBox or something else??

I haven???t done that, have never bootcamped mine or any of the other ones you mentioned.

Additional***

I made some YouTube videos about recording demos and another about locating demo???s on your computer and then uploading them. Any questions, comments or concerns on them send me a PM or list it in the thread. Many folks know how to do these methods already. Some do not, the??videos are for them, I???ll post them in Tech a Support on individual threads.??
FYI guys - The config files and mpdata file from PC can be moved right over to the iMac and works.

You just need the game app and to use the old game key from your PC game for it to work.

Finally got my mac bootcamped!

Great news dude, thumbs up!!
"A man will go to war, fight and die for his country. But he won't get a bikini wax." (Rita Rudner)

"Night air, good conversation, and a sky full of stars can heal almost any wound." (Beau Taplin)
Anyone know where i can get a good 1.8 patch? Doesn't update when I go to All Maps.
Thought we had a server that would install the patch as a mod when we logged in.